These instructions will show you how to have our system automatically add the ISBN barcode to your cover. The system will add your ISBN barcode to the back cover of your book after you enter the 13 digit ISBN number and retail price.
Please Note: the system will put the barcode image in one place only. If you need the barcode in a different position you will need to add the barcode to your cover image before uploading it.
1. Login to TheBookPatch.com by entering your email address and password and clicking the Log In button at the top right.
2. Click the Book Dashboard link located below the logo.
3. In the Published Book Projects section, click the book details button.
4. In the Publishing Status section, click the Edit Cover link that is located below the book cover thumbnail image.
5. On the Create Cover page, scroll down to the bottom of the list of options on the left side of the page. Click the Insert ISBN-13 and Generate Barcode box to open it (the image below shows the option opened already).
6. Enter the 13 digit ISBN number and retail price you wish to sell your book for. Now select the Yes, show bar code on back cover radio button.
7. Click the Preview button when done to update the preview image that is located on the right side of the page.
8. You should now see the barcode on the back cover.
9. Click the Save Cover button to save the changes and proceed to the next step.
10. Select whether you want your book listed in the bookstore or not (remember it’s free to list your book in our bookstore).
a. Click No, do not list in the bookstore if you do not want your book listed. Click the Save button to proceed.
b. Click Yes, list in the bookstore if you want your book listed. You will have to provide the retail price and your mailing address for your profit checks. See the Bookstore section in our FAQ page for more details. Click the Save button to proceed.
11. If you clicked Yes in step 5, you will be asked to fill in a synopsis (a brief description of you book) that will be displayed in the bookstore. Enter your synopsis (maximum of 1,000 characters) and click the Save button.
a. If you clicked No in step 5 skip this step.
12. Approve your text and cover
a. Click the View Text and View Cover buttons to review them. If there is an issue that needs correcting click the Upload New PDF button or Edit Cover button.
b. Click the Yes, I approve both the text and the cover check box and then the I Approve PDFs button to proceed.
13. Your cover has now been updated and you will see your books’ detail page in the bookstore.
a. If you selected not to list your book in the bookstore you will be the only one that can see this page. This is where you will order your book from.