Hard cover books

Introducing  www.Zumbook.com

our new printing platform that offers new pricing and new options for books! 

New paper options, new cover finishes and hardcover books!

Paper choices available include:

#60 White Bond (B/W only)

#60 Cream Bond (B/W only) **NEW**

#60 White Gloss (Color)

#80 Premium Photo Gloss **NEW**

#80 Premium Photo Matte **NEW**

In addition to the Glossy we have added a new Matte  option.

Hardcover case bound. A case-bound option is where the printing is done directly on the cover, these have the same cover finish options as the softcover.

Book Sizes available include:

5.0 X 8.0 (Portrait)
5.5 X 8.5 (Portrait)
6.0 X 9.0 (Portrait)
8.5 X 8.5 (Square)
8.5 X 11.0 (Portrait)
9.0 X 6.0 (Landscape) **NEW**
11.0 X 8.5 (Landscape) **NEW**

This new sister website is for bulk wholesale with a minimum order of 25 only, though we do plan on offering retail sales in the near future. 

Extremely competitive pricing on full color interiors. 

Example, a 100 page, 8.5 X 11, full color softcover, full color interior on #60 White Gloss is $8.20/copy on Zumbook, compared to $21.40/copy on The Book Patch. That same book in hardcover is $15.20. 

There are however a couple of new caveats compared to The Book Patch.

There is a 32 page minimum as it relates to pricing

The order turn-around time is 5-6 business days for softcover and 10-13 business days for hardcover (a little longer than The Book Patch but worth the price).

For color interior books printed on #60 White Gloss, there is an “8-page signature” requirement. 

See Page Count below: 

Setting up an account on Zumbook is easy. See the following steps. 

1. Go to www.zumbook.com

2. First time users – Register. Returning users—Log In

3. To use the Book Price Calculator, click the Details button under the Print On Demand tab. 

4. To upload a book, click the Get Started button under the Print On Demand tab. 

It’s as easy as that. For those of you who may need some assistance, we do offer some conversion assistance

Conversion Services

• Move your existing softcover book to Zumbook $50

• Convert your existing softcover book to a hardcover $100

Page Count

For most of the books that are printed on the system, the page count must be evenly divisible by 2 to work. Only one paper type (60# White Gloss) requires the page count to divide evenly by 8. This is due to the smallest signature the roll-fed, high-speed inkjet printer can print. 

A signature is a sized paper with either 4 pages grouped on each side, creating either an 8 page "signature." This sheet is folded down so that the pages are in order.

This is how we save you the most money for color interior books if you can deliver a final page count (including front matter and blanks) that is evenly divisible by 8. If you cannot do that, the page count has to reflect the largest partial signature the printer can print. 

For example, if your book is 132 pages, that divides to sixteen 8 page signatures and one 4 page signature. The 4 page signature is a partial signature. You wouldn't want to have a book that is 132 because that number does not divide evenly by 8. So when this book is printed with a 132 pages, there are four blank pages added at the end. For any book, there would be 7 blank pages at the most, none of which would be removed. 

The cost difference makes good sense compared to the smaller signature, sheet fed method. 

In any event, if you do not want a few blank pages at the end, add "Notes" in large type at the top of each page, or print order forms for your other products. Anything to use the space. Or just leave it blank and let people wonder.

Setting up an account on Zumbook is easy. See the following steps. 

1 Go to www.zumbook.com 

2 First time users – Register. Returning users—Log In 

3 To use the Book Price Calculator, click the Details button under the Print On Demand tab. 

4 To upload a book, click the Get Started button under the Print On Demand tab. 

It’s as easy as that. For those of you who may need some assistance, we do offer some conversion assistance

Conversion Services

Move your existing softcover book to Zumbook $50

Convert your existing softcover book to a hardcover $100

Sounds cool -- now you can really compete with Lulu.com.  I gave you all something that's a dropbox link and need more fonts I have a few they can play with as they will be ore Victor to play with too as Joe is looking over my support ticket.  I am giving you guys a cover layout an anthology template. 

Hello sorry to let you know I am a construction worker write for fun with limited computer skills do all my contacts on phone don't know how to download and upload never school in united States but I have good education
Login or Signup to post a comment